What will I bring to my group?

  1. List the skills you can offer to your group. List a minimum of 3 skills. 
Looking in the book, pages 189 and 190, and the listings of roles in a group, I can identify with at least 3 of them.

Researcher- I am awesome at researching. I sometimes surprise myself at the research I find.

Information seeker- I'm great at asking the questions that needs to be asked, filling in the missing information.

Tension releaser and observer/interpreter- I'm good at keeping the group on track and help alleviate any conflicts, stress, or miscommunication. I had to do this recently in a family group chat, there was a lot of miscommunication and I cleared things up before it got out of hand. 

I'm not thrilled about taking on these roles but I have taken on the roles of group leader and initiator/contributor quite a few times. My organizational skills are not up to task a lot of the time, but I can step in and get things rolling if I need to.  2.


2. Provide one proposed code of conduct for your group.

As group members, we will all check in regularly to our group's chat and communicate regularly with the group. We will all work together to complete this project and help one another, when needed, to do the best job that we can do.



3. How do you typically resolve conflict? Complete the “How do I handle conflict?” worksheet below and list on your blog your rankings.

My conflict rankings:
1. Avoidance - 17
2. Compromise - 16
3. Collaborate - 16
4. Accommodate - 14
5. Competition - 10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feelings - Censorship and Expression

My Self-Concept